- An autoimmune inflammatory disease causing scaly red patches on the skin, especially on the face, and sometimes affecting connective tissue in the internal organs.More example sentences
- Under the topic of auto-immunity, most programs included only two specific diseases, systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Symptoms such as arthralgias, muscle weakness, or unusual rash may indicate the possibility of autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, or dermatomyositis.
- This symptom pattern can occur in gonococcal arthritis, rheumatic fever, sarcoidosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, Lyme disease, bacterial endocarditis, and Whipple's disease.
mid 19th century: from lupus + modern Latin erythematosus, from Greek eruthēma 'reddening'.
More definitions of lupus erythematosusDefinition of lupus erythematosus in:
- The US English dictionary