- Chronic direct infection of the skin with tuberculosis, causing dark red patches.More example sentences
- Next on the differential is cutaneous tuberculosis, of which lupus vulgaris is the most common type.
- Four years later, he showed that chemical rays had the opposite effect in the treatment of lupus vulgaris (cutaneous tuberculosis).
- In this way, light-induced high levels of nitric oxide might be responsible for the death of bacteria in the skin that cause lupus vulgaris.
mid 19th century: from lupus + Latin vulgaris 'common'.
More definitions of lupus vulgarisDefinition of lupus vulgaris in:
- The US English dictionary