- Relating to the corpus luteum.More example sentences
- It is secreted by the corpus luteum during pregnancy and by the ovaries during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle.
- After ovulation the empty follicle left behind in the ovary is remodelled, and it plays an important role in the second half of the menstrual cycle, known as the luteal phase of the ovarian cycle.
- There is no such thing as a physiological cyst in a postmenopausal woman, therefore, because there are no follicles or luteal cysts in the postmenopausal ovary.
More definitions of lutealDefinition of luteal in:
- The US English dictionary