- A lute player.More example sentences
- One of the most famous composers and lutenists of his day, Dowland also represented the Elizabethan artistic temperament.
- They were technically inept in the skills of composition, though some were fine singers and lutenists.
- Young Alfonso was accepted at court in his turn, a singer, lutenist and violist.
early 17th century: from medieval Latin lutanista, from lutana 'lute'.
More definitions of lutenistDefinition of lutenist in:
- The US English dictionary