Definition of lymph in English:
1 Physiology A colourless fluid containing white blood cells, which bathes the tissues and drains through the lymphatic system into the bloodstream.
- This includes cell salts, fatty tissue, lymph, red and white blood cells, two glands of the endocrine system and even the bones.
- The lymphatic system is a network of very fine vessels or tubes called lymphatics that drain lymph from all over the body.
- This injection also identifies the lymphatic basins, nodal areas, and respective lymph draining sites that are considered to be at risk for metastases.
1.1Fluid exuding from a sore or inflamed tissue.
- He did not know the specific infective agent but was certain that a treatment would soon be available in the form of a ‘vaccine of Pasteur or lymph of Koch.’
- Legs become scaly, swollen, and exude lymph fluid.
- In 1798, the British physician Edward Jenner used a milkmaid's lymph containing cowpox virus to vaccinate a child.
Words that rhyme with lymphnymph
Definition of lymph in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan