- The network of vessels through which lymph drains from the tissues into the blood.More example sentences
- Cancer cells will eventually invade deeper tissues and may spread into blood vessels and the lymphatic system, where they can be carried to distant sites.
- The extracellular fluid, which enters the lymphatic system of vessels, will have mononuclear white blood cells added to it as the fluid is filtered through lymph nodes, which produce such cells.
- The lymphatic system is a network of very fine vessels or tubes called lymphatics that drain lymph from all over the body.
More definitions of lymphatic systemDefinition of lymphatic system in:
- The US English dictionary