Definition of lyophilize in English:
verb[with object] technical
Freeze-dry (a substance): the resulting precipitate was dissolved in benzene and lyophilized to give a powder
More example sentences
- Cell wall material was then lyophilized and weighed.
- Samples conserved in liquid nitrogen are lyophilized prior to analysis.
- A recent approach to reduce the interlaboratory variation has been to prepare a calibration curve using calibrated lyophilized plasmas.
- Example sentences
- After fractionation with ammonium sulphate the sample was dialysed against ammonium bicarbonate buffer for desalting and lyophilization.
- Peptide samples to be used in FTIR spectroscopic experiments were converted to the hydrochloride salt by two cycles of lyophilization from 10 mM hydrochloric acid.
- More than 99% of ammonium was removed by lyophilization, making it possible to use conductivity to estimate total nonvolatile ionic concentrations and facilitating analysis of urea.
Definition of lyophilize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia