- A mixture of vegetables or fruit cut into small pieces.More example sentences
- A macédoine is usually served cold but may be flambéed at room temperature with extra liquor.
- Almost any cold cooked vegetables on hand may be used for a macédoine salad, and if care is taken in arrangement, they make a very attractive dish.
- Another worthy choice was the brace of quail: two whole birds, deboned and stuffed with a macédoine of corn, rice, onion and ground Tasso ham.
French, literally 'Macedonia', with reference to the mixture of peoples in the Macedonian Empire of Alexander the Great.
More definitions of macédoineDefinition of macédoine in:
- The US English dictionary