Definition of macramé in English:
1The art of knotting string in patterns to make decorative articles.
- The exhibition featured bobbin lace, patchwork and quilting, cross stitch, canvas work embroidery, macramé, and even miniature furniture.
- You know something's a trend when the most fashionable street in Islington, north London, opens a knitting shop, whose classes are booked out weeks in advance and whose clientèle is more Miu Miu than macramé.
- I mean, there are people on LJ who like macramé, for heaven's sake.
1.1 [usually as modifier] Articles made using macramé: spider plants dangled in macramé plant holders
More example sentences
- She caught his glance and smiled briefly, and looked back at Gertrude who was talking heatedly about embroidered doilies and macramé plant holders.
- Erica Jong cannot, as far as we know, be held responsible for white spandex or macramé pot holders.
- The rustic chair and stools, the country-style ceramic pig cookie-jar on the counter, and the macramé shade over the table all contribute to this feeling of casual comfort.