- (Especially in protozoans) the larger of a pair of conjugating gametes, usually regarded as female.More example sentences
- The sexual phase of the Plasmodium life cycle is completed with the fertilization of a macrogamete by a flagellar microgamete, and the subsequent generation of sporozoites.
- Throughout development the macrogamete retains a normal pellicle which possesses numerous micropores.
- One flagellum and most of the body of the penetrating microgamete had entered the macrogamete.
More definitions of macrogameteDefinition of macrogamete in:
- The US English dictionary