- 1Visible to the naked eye; not microscopic.More example sentences
- Temporal programs reflecting the 24 h cycle of day and night are expressed by most organisms from microscopic cyanobacteria to macroscopic humans.
- Almost two thirds of people with adult polycystic kidney disease also develop microscopic or macroscopic haematuria.
- Another part of us recognizes instinctively that nature designs in fractals, with intriguing detail on every scale from the microscopic to the macroscopic.
- 2Relating to large-scale or general analysis.More example sentences
- Hence some studies require the more detailed analysis which can be undertaken by macroscopic simulation models or dense network assignment models.
- The essays are heavily laced with anger, remorse and angst, as Powell examines his life on microscopic and macroscopic levels.
- The shifting scale which allows the artist to see events from both a macroscopic and microscopic perspective forestalls the despair which enveloped his hero Goya at the end of his life.
- More example sentences
- A tumor mass within the kidney extended from the medulla to the cortex and macroscopically penetrated the renal capsule, extending into the surrounding fat.
- Samples were investigated macroscopically, as well as microscopically to investigate which wood anatomical features are responsible for the visible coloured layers and to identify possible growth ring boundaries.
- That is, the macroscopically visible patterns generated by randomness may not be very sensitive to the precise initial conditions of the experiments.
More definitions of macroscopicDefinition of macroscopic in:
- The US English dictionary