- 1Full of maggots: maggoty applesMore example sentences
- The mushroom man, for instance - who also sold dates, walnuts and the best olives I've ever eaten - treated me better after an epic row over maggoty porcini which secured the refund I was after and also attracted a small approving crowd.
- A west Wiltshire informant tells me that as a child he was cautioned against picking maggoty blackberries, ‘because the fairies had weed on them.’
- I wash the dirt carefully off their stems, slice away any maggoty flesh, and cook them in garlic and cream.
- 2Australian /NZ • informal Angry or bad-tempered: Scotty got a bit maggoty about all thisMore example sentences
- I went & saw him Sunday & he was going very maggoty because he had been shoved on the Permanent Staff.
- There are menacing hyenas and a maggoty baby (both of which you'll recognize from Exorcist: The Beginning), but these aren't the moments where you feel Schrader is strongest.
More definitions of maggotyDefinition of maggoty in:
- The US English dictionary