- A region around a magnetic material or a moving electric charge within which the force of magnetism acts.More example sentences
- Electrons produce a small magnetic field as they spin and orbit the nucleus of an atom.
- Sunspots are whirling masses of electrically charged gas formed by magnetic fields deep within the Sun.
- Similarly, if you move a magnet near a wire, the magnetic field will cause electrons in the wire to move.
More definitions of magnetic fieldDefinition of magnetic field in:
- The US English dictionary