- 1The most substantial course of a meal: it is vital to have a light first course and pud on either side of a heavy main courseMore example sentences
- They will be making lemon pepper chicken for the main course and banana and lemon cake for the dessert.
- The Thai entrées include main courses, desserts and vegetarian meals, with the calorie count identified on each package.
- By the end, you'll have mastered one starter, two pasta dishes, two main courses and one dessert.
- 2The mainsail of a square-rigged sailing ship.More example sentences
- Once the size of the main course was set, the sizes of the other sails followed, graded according to the mast and height above deck.
- The yard arm could carry a maximum of 30 men so the size of the largest sail (the Main Course) was limited to the weight that could be lifted by 30 men working together on the main yard.
More definitions of main courseDefinition of main course in:
- The US English dictionary