- 1A large high-speed computer, especially one supporting numerous workstations or peripherals: [as modifier]: cumbersome mainframe systemsMore example sentences
- IBM has tried to keep customers interested by adding Linux support to its mainframe boxes.
- IBM has shuffled a huge chunk of its mainframe support operations off to South Africa in a bid to cut costs.
- Thirteen years ago, three airlines pooled their mainframe computing systems and created Worldspan.
More definitions of mainframeDefinition of mainframe in:
- The US English dictionary