Definition of majestic in English:
Having or showing impressive beauty or scale: the majestic Canadian Rockies
More example sentences
- This year still have ample reason to believe in that majestic beauty of the beat.
- The majestic beauty of its rugged mountains and the simple way of life are a major drawcard.
- The thin lips of his closed mouth and his stout body give the impression of majestic mercy.
stately, dignified, distinguished, striking, magisterial, solemn, maestoso, magnificent, grand, splendid, resplendent, glorious, sumptuous, impressive, awe-inspiring, monumental, palatial;
statuesque, Olympian, imposing, marvellous, sonorous, resounding, heroic, portentous, superb, proud;
- Example sentences
- The well-known overture opened dramatically, with the orchestra majestically in situ on a balcony above the action.
- This is how the Star Spangled Banner was meant to be flown, on the end of a pole of its own, free to wave majestically in our own free air.
- Not the world's largest fire you understand, no flames leaping majestically into the summer sky, but smoking away happily all the same.
Words that rhyme with majesticdomestic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.