- The principle that the greater number should exercise greater power: the transition to black majority ruleMore example sentences
- That Union was based on the principle of majority rule, with constitutional rights carefully delineated for the minority.
- They were designed to ease the transition to black majority rule, while avoiding the danger of social revolution.
- Rousseau laid the basis for modern ideas of democracy and the legitimacy of majority rule.
More definitions of majority ruleDefinition of majority rule in:
- The US English dictionary