noun[mass noun] Law
- Bad faith; intent to deceive: none of the prosecutions was brought as a consequence of mala fides by the prosecutorMore example sentences
- Where such alternatives are available, the Appellant will not assert mala fides.
- The transcript of the bail hearing at which Mr. Goody participated shows no evidence of malice or other mala fides by Mr. Goody.
- As the transaction was for valuable consideration, there is no presumption of mala fides.
More definitions of mala fidesDefinition of mala fides in:
- The US English dictionary