Boldly disrespectful; impudent.
- Indeed, we aim to show that the somewhat malapert remarks of Derrida on Fukuyama open up onto something that is much more significant than scorn.
- Nay, then I must have an ounce or two of this malapert blood from you.
- The fool was a very humble person, haunting kitchen and scullery, messing almost with the dogs, and liable, when malapert, to a whipping.
An impudent person.
- The rest of you who are learners, healthy skeptics, and marketing malaperts will find lessons within.
- A lively and crude cast of food wizards and malaperts enliven Bourdain's narrative.
- One other thing, the featured lackbrains and malaperts were only a few of the attendees for the first two panel discussions at the Vision America conference
Middle English: from mal- 'improperly' + archaic apert 'insolent'.
Words that rhyme with malapertadvert, alert, animadvert, assert, avert, Bert, blurt, Burt, cert, chert, concert, controvert, convert, curt, desert, dessert, dirt, divert, exert, flirt, girt, hurt, inert, insert, introvert, Kurt, overt, pert, quirt, shirt, skirt, spirt, spurt, squirt, Sturt, subvert, vert, wort, yurt
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: mala|pert
Definition of malapert in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.