noun[mass noun] Dentistry
- Imperfect positioning of the teeth when the jaws are closed: these patients frequently have dental malocclusion [count noun]: most malocclusions can be corrected by extractions and removable appliance therapyMore example sentences
- Types of malocclusion include overbite, underbite, and crowding.
- Any situational factors should be corrected, and dental malocclusion and caries should be treated.
- Dentists and orthodontists assess and treat dental and oral diseases and malocclusion.
More definitions of malocclusionDefinition of malocclusion in:
- The US English dictionary