- A large, agile, highly venomous African snake.
More example sentences
- Genus Dendroaspis, family Elapidae: three species. See also black mamba
- Vipers, cobras, mambas, coral snakes and kraits and a few other snakes have evolved venom as a way of capturing prey.
- There were other snakes in his collection; mambas, vipers, adders, boomslangs, vine snakes, sand snakes, pythons and other cobra species.
- Nine puff adders, seven Usambra mountain vipers and a green mamba were included.
mid 19th century: from Zulu imamba.
More definitions of mambaDefinition of mamba in:
- The US English dictionary