Definition of mamillary in English:
1.1(Of a mineral) having several smoothly rounded convex surfaces.
- Malachite is typically massive, forming thick, compact crusts with mammillary surfaces.
- Pale-to-medium blue mammillary rosasite aggregates occur with malachite in oxidized rock fallen from the north face of the open pit near the decline access drift.
- Shell units are tightly packed but separated in the mammillary layer.
1.2 Anatomy Denoting two rounded bodies in the floor of the hypothalamus in the brain: the mamillary bodies
More example sentences
- Especially in these cases, MRI findings with high signal intensity in the thalamus and mammillary bodies can be especially important.
- The hippocampus has output to the mamillary bodies and onto the anterior nucleus of the thalamus.
- It was bluntly perforated in front of the mamillary bodies with the aid of a catheter.
Words that rhyme with mamillarytutelary • corollary
Definition of mamillary in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan