1.1(Of a mineral) having several smoothly rounded convex surfaces.
- Malachite is typically massive, forming thick, compact crusts with mammillary surfaces.
- Pale-to-medium blue mammillary rosasite aggregates occur with malachite in oxidized rock fallen from the north face of the open pit near the decline access drift.
- Shell units are tightly packed but separated in the mammillary layer.
1.2 Anatomy Denoting two rounded bodies in the floor of the hypothalamus in the brain: the mamillary bodies
More example sentences
- Especially in these cases, MRI findings with high signal intensity in the thalamus and mammillary bodies can be especially important.
- The hippocampus has output to the mamillary bodies and onto the anterior nucleus of the thalamus.
- It was bluntly perforated in front of the mamillary bodies with the aid of a catheter.
Definition of mamillary in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.