Brave and resolute, especially in a difficult situation: a manful attempt to smile
More example sentences
- There are a number of places where, naturally, I would not have worded that defense as Joe has, but on the whole I am grateful for his manful attempt to read what I said charitably.
- This second time, Selby made a manful attempt with both hands to make the catch.
- Frazer has done a manful job in that position but I know he is ready for a rest and his strength is in a defensive role.
- Example sentences
- When the plane makes a second fly over and unleashes a hail of lead he refuses to move, manfulness futilely proven as weeping friends gather round his broken body.
- Every place near is filled with the sound of a loud trumpet, so the report of your manfulness is loud.
- The first requisite of life is courage or manfulness, gained through conflict with evil.
Words that rhyme with manfulpanful
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: man¦ful
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.