- A style of Japanese comic books and graphic novels, typically aimed at adults as well as children. Compare with anime.More example sentences
- It all stems, he confesses, from a childhood lost to the Japanese cartoon books known as manga.
- Anime has strong links to manga, the thriving Japanese comic book industry from which it sprang.
- Anime, manga and the more violent of comic titles are not marketed to children.
1950s: Japanese, from man 'indiscriminate' + ga 'picture'.
More definitions of mangaDefinition of manga in:
- The US English dictionary