- A mineral consisting of basic manganese oxide, typically occurring as steel-grey or black prisms.More example sentences
- Museum-quality specimens of manganite have been collected from the Taylor mine for many years and can be seen in collections around the world.
- There are exceptions, such as German manganite.
- It never occurs as a free element, but only in ores such as pyrolusite, manganite, psilomelane, and rhodochrosite.
More definitions of manganiteDefinition of manganite in:
- The US English dictionary