Definition of manic depression in English:
Another term for bipolar disorder.
- This range is emphasized in people suffering from manic depression, a disorder which brings on strong depression as well as extreme happiness.
- I didn't know it at the time, but he was under a psychiatrist's care for manic depression and several other mental illnesses.
- He suffered from manic depression after shell shock in World War II and the festival has been timed to coincide with Mental Health Week.
manic depressive adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- At first, Fisher may have ignored her friends' pleas, but she eventually found a psychiatrist, and a support group for manic-depressives.
- Psychological states that are genetic, like manic-depressive disorder, are extraordinarily difficult to change.
- My father's father, I am told, was manic-depressive back in the days when those words rarely appeared together or separately.
Definition of manic depression in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan