- 1A very small man.More example sentences
- He…is much less small than I had been led to believe; he is not at all a manikin, but a well-proportioned human being.
- 2A jointed model of the human body, used in anatomy or as an artist’s lay figure.More example sentences
- This consists of an introductory seminar including demonstration of pelvic examination on a manikin and an opportunity for students to practise this under supervision.
- In addition, actors were used by 15 schools, volunteers by 14, manikins by all 19, videos by 11, and simulators by four.
- Students were informed beforehand about the study, and technical skills were taught on manikins.
mid 16th century: from Dutch manneken, diminutive of man 'man'.
More definitions of manikinDefinition of manikin in:
- The US English dictionary