Well-mannered; polite: he is always genteel and mannerly in private
More example sentences
- A more self-assured, unfailingly polite and mannerly man never existed.
- Trying to approach this gentle and mannerly retired professor about what seems to be going wrong, Miller encounters the deep stubbornness at the core of his being.
- These fine young gentleman were well-behaved and very mannerly.
- Example sentences
- It has concentrated on good morals and mannerliness in conduct.
- On the contrary, eating too little implies a lack of mannerliness, which may vex the host.
- And this, to my mind, is his distinctive failing as a writer: that he has exalted charm and mannerliness above all else.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: man|ner¦ly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.