- Make-up; cosmetics.More example sentences
- Given the extreme, even theatrical way in which maquillage was wielded at the French court, there could be no question of its being intended to appear natural.
- By now, you should have perfected the art of daytime maquillage - you should have got the message that it is about concealment, camouflage and nature.
- The two shimmer with glitter in torn stockings and outrageous maquillage.
- More example sentences
- I know very little about make-up but luckily my gorgeous assistant Sarah, who is always immaculately coiffed and maquillaged, was able to help me out.
- She goes from a pretty, minimally maquillaged twenty-something to a golden-cheeked Renaissance maiden.
- Her glittery golden tresses rise around her head and frame her maquillaged face.
French, from maquiller 'to make up', from Old French masquiller 'to stain'.
More definitions of maquillageDefinition of maquillage in:
- The US English dictionary