- Notes written in the margins of a text: the book was covered with marginalia • figurative you will be relegated to the marginalia of political lifeMore example sentences
- I read Hegel against the grain; proceeding from certain footnotes and marginalia in the texts, I move toward recovering the history of those which the dialectic leaves behind.
- Harvey's extraordinarily wide range of interests is reflected in the marginalia beautifully written in the books he owned.
- When he wrote marginalia into a German book published in Roman type, he composed the notes in Roman script (which I can read and translate).
mid 19th century: from medieval Latin, neuter plural of marginalis, from margo, margin- (see margin).
More definitions of marginaliaDefinition of marginalia in:
- The US English dictionary