adjective (marshier, marshiest)
Characteristic of or resembling a marsh; waterlogged: the marshy ground towards the sea
More example sentences
- In the summer, they breed on marshy, lowland tundra at the northern limits of the boreal forest.
- They nest in the low Arctic, on tundra ponds with marshy shores and bogs.
- It was a large, indoor school that sat upon a sandy island surrounded by marshy swampland.
- Example sentences
- Various features including circular and curvilear features on ground that is level with tendency to marshiness.
- From what it sounded like, the trees fell, and over several summers sank into the mushy tundra marshiness.
- Because of its marshiness and flat topography, Savannah is prone to flooding.
Words that rhyme with marshyUstashe
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: marshy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.