- A concentration of denser material below the surface of the moon or other body, causing a local increase in gravitational pull.More example sentences
- Researchers spotted a mass concentration, which they call a mascon dense stuff that welled up from the mantle, likely in an impact.
- It has been argued that the mascon gravitational anomalies do not necessarily imply departure from isostacy.
- The negative correlation between the topography and gravitational potential of the mascons suggests that they are dynamically supported.
1960s: from mas(s) con(centration).
More definitions of masconDefinition of mascon in:
- The US English dictionary