Definition of masterly in English:
Showing great skill; very accomplished: his masterly account of rural France
More example sentences
- This is a masterly account: detailed but always readable, authoritative but strenuously objective.
- Apart from these two errors, the book is a masterly and worthy account of a crucial period in our history with excellent maps.
- He gave a masterly account of the solo role in this work which makes huge demands on the soloist.
- Example sentences
- Accountable for his leading role was the freshness of his paintings and their masterliness, his availability to younger artists, his charismatic personality, and his verbal brilliance.
- So quite clearly, their own values about the capacity for humankind to intervene in nature, all of those values about the managerial masterliness of nature were absolutely out there for anyone to see.
- Anthony Trollope's masterliness is obscured, first by charges of writing too much and too fast, and then by cultism.
Words that rhyme with masterlyheadmasterly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.