noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the mastoid process.More example sentences
- Differentiating otitis externa from acute mastoiditis may be difficult because of severe ear pain and the inability to visualize the tympanic membrane.
- It also did not mention that the advent of antibiotics has dramatically reduced the incidence of acute mastoiditis in acute otitis media.
- Because serious adverse effects such as mastoiditis and meningitis were rare in these pooled analyses, it is not possible to determine whether protocols of delayed treatment or no treatment might be harmful.
More definitions of mastoiditisDefinition of mastoiditis in:
- The US English dictionary