noun• informal , chiefly US
- A person who takes part in a mathematics competition, typically one organized for schoolchildren: as with other mathletes, he spends up to four hours a day on his hobby—or what he simply calls his ‘calculations’More example sentences
- It was bad enough being a sister to James, who makes the mathletes look edgy.
- Forget spelling bees, it's time mathletes had their day in the sun.
- Though the last 50 years have yielded many a historical moment from the comic situations that ensue between prom royalty, rebels and mathletes, I believe the most recent teen movie renaissance is over.
More definitions of mathleteDefinition of mathlete in:
- The US English dictionary