Definition of matting in English:
1Coarse material woven from natural fibres, used for mats: rush matting
More example sentences
- I will need some moisture mats - thick layers of hemp fibre matting which sit on top of the waste.
- In reality, rush matting was most frequently used on floors.
- For example, cocoa matting is probably the least expensive material you can buy to cover floors in today's world.
2The process of becoming matted.
- Keep in mind that hair caught in a sudden rainstorm could also be in danger of serious matting if the strands are not immediately combed out.
- To avoid the clumping or matting of hair in long-haired cats, grooming with a brush or comb is recommended.
Words that rhyme with mattingexacting
Definition of matting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.