noun[often with modifier] North American • informal
- An expert or connoisseur: fashion mavens call beige oatmealMore example sentences
- I swear to you, if my father starts wearing his beige and brown leisure suit again, I will make the fashion mavens responsible for this pay.
- Academics and poverty mavens know this to be the case, though they try to soften the harshness of its implications.
- I'm glad that he pointed out that being a great type designer does not make one a typewriter history maven.
More definitions of mavenDefinition of maven in:
- The US English dictionary