noun (plural maxis)
- 1A skirt , coat, or dress reaching to the ankle: [as modifier]: the maxi skirt lengthens the silhouetteMore example sentences
- Bonnie & Clyde made cynicism as hip as fedoras and maxi skirts.
- My mom would run across Palmer Square in the purple maxi coat she still speaks fondly of and buy coffee and cookies to share in the back pews.
- Unlike men, women can dress any number of ways: dresses, pantyhose, jumpsuits, maxis, minis, pantsuits, heels, stilettos, whatever.
- 2 (also maxi yacht) A racing yacht of between 15 and 20 metres in length.More example sentences
- They helped the maxi yacht show off her ‘high tech’ keel.
- Green striped maxis travel the north-south and central areas of Trinidad, POS to San Fernado, Couva and Claxton Bay.
- The leading maxis were logging average speeds of between 13 and 15 knots and were still on course to smash the current crossing record of 14 days and five hours.
1960s: abbreviation of maximum, on the pattern of mini.
More definitions of maxiDefinition of maxi in:
- The US English dictionary