- 1.1 [as modifier] Denoting a method or strategy in game theory that maximizes the smallest gain that can be relied on by a participant in a game or other situation of conflict.More example sentences
- Using the maximin strategy, would they choose as a primary principle the one of parental rights, subject to reasonable limits, where parents have a protected sphere of authority to raise their children?
- The maximin rule of economic theory doesn't necessarily fit existential queries!
- At the other extreme, hardly any weight is given to maximizing well-being as it competes with priority, and the prioritarian doctrine is then barely distinguishable from the maximin principle with well-being as the maximand.
More definitions of maximinDefinition of maximin in:
- The US English dictionary