- The ratio of the force produced by a machine to the force applied to it, used in assessing the performance of a machine.More example sentences
- Cables, which maximize isolation, compromise power contractions through the mechanical advantage of their pulley system.
- The increased mechanical advantage of the connecting rod mitigates the power loss.
- The mechanical advantage of a system is defined as the ratio of the outforce to the inforce.
More definitions of mechanical advantageDefinition of mechanical advantage in:
- The US English dictionary