noun[usually treated as singular]
- The study of the mass media as an academic subject.More example sentences
- There were only 24 students taking A-levels in the department, which teaches art, music, drama, theatre studies and media studies.
- Many improve their position by getting pupils to take GCSEs in ‘softer’ subjects such as media studies.
- Just wait until the university is charging £10,000 a year to study media studies and no one at all is coming to York to study.
More definitions of media studiesDefinition of media studies in:
- The US English dictionary