Definition of medium-pacer in English:
1A seam bowler who bowls at a medium pace.
- He was bowling like an ordinary medium-pacer and the fielders were moving around listlessly.
- To differentiate between fast bowlers, medium-pacers and spinners would only further complicate the issue.
- Kepler has taken on board my style of bowling and has underlined my belief that I am a strike bowler and not a stock medium-pacer.
1.1A ball bowled at medium pace: young Swift stole the show with his medium-pacers
More example sentences
- Nevertheless, two of the top order succumbed to his medium-pacers.
- His medium-pacers have been increasingly used to good effect and his ten Championship wickets to date have come at 27.3 runs apiece which is a lower average than any of his colleagues.
- In fact, when he wasn't sending down his medium-pacers for Middlesex in the Eighties, Hughes was also attempting to carve out a sideline as a journalist.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan