Definition of melting pot in English:
1.1A place where different peoples, styles, theories, etc. are mixed together: Toronto is a melting pot of different cultures
More example sentences
- The resulting exhibition is a melting pot of different styles and ideas - the only common theme being the small size of the artworks.
- We're a melting pot of different cultural traditions, without the commonalities to bind us all together.
- Tone-on-tone or monochrome colour combinations keep this melting pot of styles together and ensure a look that is not too loud.
in the melting pot
- British In a process of change and with an uncertain outcome: the future of the railway is still in the melting potMore example sentences
- Whatever the outcome however, expect it to remain in the melting pot from first minute to last.
- Wiseman will be going back with a higher offer, and the whole issue will be placed back in the melting pot.
- We are a fair way down the road toward what we are trying to achieve, but now the whole thing is back in the melting pot.
Definition of melting pot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan