Not telling the truth; lying: mendacious propaganda
More example sentences
- It is an outright lie, a fabrication by a mendacious and unscrupulous writer.
- He wanted me to know the sort of country I was living in and what was going on around me, in defiance of the chronically mendacious official propaganda.
- Overall, Wittenberg portrays him as a petty, hypocritical, mendacious man whose primary focus was self-promotion.
lying, untruthful, dishonest, deceitful, false, dissembling, insincere, disingenuous, hypocritical, fraudulent, double-dealing, two-faced, Janus-faced, two-timing, duplicitous, perjured, perfidious;
humorous economical with the truth, terminologically inexact
- More example sentences
- Everything will be done,’ he told a colleague from the newspaper mendaciously.
- Obviously this is mendaciously disingenuous coming from the erstwhile Prince of Darkness who has torpedoed many a career with anonymous briefings to journalists.
- You cannot let them, as the old legal adage has it, mendaciously cry ‘fire’ in a crowded theatre.