noun (plural meningiomas or meningiomata)Medicine
- A tumour, usually benign, arising from meningeal tissue of the brain.More example sentences
- Radiosurgery is ideal for treating both benign and malignant tumors such as acoustic neuromas, meningiomas, metastases, and gliomas, as well as blood vessel abnormalities such as arteriovenous malformations.
- Again, the neurologic malignancy section is definitive and includes meningiomas, metastatic brain tumors and central nervous system lymphomas, subjects that are often difficult to find in textbooks.
- His psychiatrist said yesterday that he had multiple meningiomas or benign tumours adjacent to his brain.
More definitions of meningiomaDefinition of meningioma in:
- The US English dictionary