Definition of mensuration in English:
- The calendar preceded the measures, and we should not be surprised to find that the word mensuration is still in force to describe accurate measurement of quantity - length, areas, volume.
- It involves the solution of polygons given certain sides and angles between them, their mensuration, division by diagonals, circumscribing polygons around circles and inscribing polygons in circles.
- This section on mensuration certainly has more in common with Hindu and Hebrew texts than it does with any Greek work.
1.1The part of geometry concerned with ascertaining lengths, areas, and volumes.
- It is devoted mainly to arithmetic and algebra, with just a few problems on geometry and mensuration.
- It is a work which covers arithmetic, algebra and mensuration.
- Chapter 13 consists of 55 verses on arithmetic, mensuration, and shadow reckoning.
late 16th century (denoting measurement in general): from late Latin mensuratio(n-), from mensurare 'to measure'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan