- The middle section of the intestine, especially in an embryo or arthropod.More example sentences
- The pyloric valvule will separate the mesenteron from the proctodaeum making the final section of the intestine.
- It regulates the flow of material from the mesenteron to the proctodeum.
- The mesenteron and Malpighian tubules are generally responsible for detoxification by accumulation of ingested metal salts in insects.
late 19th century: from Greek mesos 'middle' + enteron 'intestine'.
More definitions of mesenteronDefinition of mesenteron in:
- The US English dictionary