adjectiveNorth American • informal
- (Of a person) mad; crazy: either a miracle is taking place, or we’re all meshugaMore example sentences
- Goaded a bit, the executive responds with an almost hysterical edge: ‘Are you meshuga?’
- Click on the gefilte fish on the site's main page, and you're welcomed into a colorful, if slightly meshuga, jumble of gay Judaism.
- His spelling better reflects the pronunciation of the Yiddish term (mish-eh-GOSS) than Dowd's - is rooted in the Hebrew adjective meshuga, ‘mad, insane.’
late 19th century: from Yiddish meshuge, from Hebrew.
More definitions of meshugaDefinition of meshuga in:
- The US English dictionary