Definition of mesogastrium in English:
noun (plural mesogastria)Anatomy
The middle region of the abdomen between the epigastrium and the hypogastrium.
- The spleen develops within the dorsal mesogastrium, between the stomach and the body wall.
- Posterior part of mesogastrium adheres to the posterior wall, and the left kidney will then lie directly deep to it.
- The physical examination showed pallid mucosa and a palpable mass in the epigastrium and mesogastrium.
- Example sentences
- Anterior mesogastric process with one tubercle at midpoint, flanked on hepatic regions by two strong mammillated tubercles.
- Lobonotus sandersi has much better developed intestinal and cardiac regions, and it has a better developed anterior process of the mesogastric region than does L. mexicanus.
- Cardiac region circular, slightly narrower than maximum width of mesogastric region.
Definition of mesogastrium in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia