noun (plural mesogastria)Anatomy
The middle region of the abdomen between the epigastrium and the hypogastrium.
More example sentences
- The spleen develops within the dorsal mesogastrium, between the stomach and the body wall.
- Posterior part of mesogastrium adheres to the posterior wall, and the left kidney will then lie directly deep to it.
- The physical examination showed pallid mucosa and a palpable mass in the epigastrium and mesogastrium.
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from meso- 'middle' + Greek gastēr, gastr- 'stomach'.
- More example sentences
- Anterior mesogastric process with one tubercle at midpoint, flanked on hepatic regions by two strong mammillated tubercles.
- Lobonotus sandersi has much better developed intestinal and cardiac regions, and it has a better developed anterior process of the mesogastric region than does L. mexicanus.
- Cardiac region circular, slightly narrower than maximum width of mesogastric region.
More definitions of mesogastriumDefinition of mesogastrium in:
- The US English dictionary