- An intermediate scale between those of weather systems and of microclimates, on which storms and other phenomena occur: [as modifier]: mesoscale phenomenaMore example sentences
- The rain-bringing mesoscale convective system is strong, and the torrential rains move slowly northwards along the Western side of the mountains.
- A combination of the mesoscale meteorological model and postprocessing capability reduces the number of balloon flights while meeting the requirement to provide meteorological messages every 30 minutes.
- Potentially, the metric varies at the same scales as body temperature, from the microscale to the mesoscale.
More definitions of mesoscaleDefinition of mesoscale in:
- The US English dictionary